Iconicgroup.ca Website Technology
|Developed With The Latest Web Technologies|
The Iconic Group website incorporates a well balanced combination of technology and features to ensure the diverse needs of internet users have been met on this website. Our goal for the system was to provide our clients and site users with an above average online experience. As mentioned in our approach to design, structure and design are paramount when designing an online presence to allow for a friendly user experience. We have listed the relevant elements of this website to create for you an overall representation of what we feel is a web presence with high functionality balanced by an elevated presentation tier.
Standards Compliance (Valid Markup)
- All elements are labeled using h1, and h2 tags etc. Consistent structure increases accessibility for users and increases web crawler (Google, Yahoo!, etc.) accuracy.
- This website is standard compliant and validates under the rules of Transitional 1.0 at the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) XHTML validation services.
- This website uses Cascading Style Sheets 3 (CSS3) technology and validates under W3C CSS services.
- The design of this website incorporates two menus which are readily available at the top of the page, and below the logo as a secondary menu option. The Secondary menu (which appears in the left sidebar) is enabled upon accessing related content information.
- This website contains many internal links. Therefore, navigational aids for the main subject matter of this website are located throughout the body information on various pages.
PHP / MySQL
- This website utilizes a powerful code base titled ‘php’ to facilitate the dynamic features throughout each page. Coupled with MySQL database, this site allows for infinite generation of content and imagery which can be updated with a simple click of a button.
Flash and Imagery
- This website takes advantage of dynamic menus and rotating header imagery, but does not use Flash as the framework for the website.
- All imagery has been carefully matched to its contextual representation and has been balanced with functionality and compatibility.
- This website uses Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) for a visual mark-up of the template design.
- Some visual aspects are delivered with CSS to increase website performance.
- All graphics and imagery used throughout this site have met a minimum standard to ensure a professional appeal is maintained.
- The colour combination used for this website has been carefully selected to ensure a pleasant reading experience. A suitable type size along with flowing contrast ratios allows for a better user experience.
- Typography has been carefully selected to deliver an appealing presentation throughout the site.